Norfolk estate agents to take part in 24-hour cycle ride to raise money for local food banks
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
This weekend, members of a Norfolk estate agency, which has branches in Norwich, Dereham, Wroxham and Caister-on-Sea, will be taking to two wheels to raise money for our local communities.
At 3pm on Friday, October 30 the team at Minors & Brady will begin a 24-hour cycle ride in its office in Wroxham – which it will then livestream over Facebook before finishing at 3pm the following day.
The aim is to raise as much money as possible to help local people in need, including families who may be struggling as a result of the impact from the government’s refusal to extend school meal vouchers during the half-term holiday.
“It’s a combined team effort,” says managing director Jamie Minors. “It symbolises that if we all do our bit, the end result is amazing.
“Myself and Alex have donated £1,000 from Minors & Brady and we have raised another £500 so far. Our aim is to raise £2,000 to donate to the local food banks in our communities.
You may also want to watch:
“The money isn’t just for kids’ meals, it’s for the families – mainly single parents – who are struggling, and the homeless who I try to help in winter. It’s a horrific time for them and must be harder due to Covid. There’s less disposable income and less charity work actually able to happen.”
Jamie says that he and the team are also turning their offices into local foodbank drop-off points, allowing those in need to have easier access to food in challenging times. “So many people we spoke to didn’t know where their foodbanks were, and instead of Googling and hunting them down, they said they forgot or were too busy. We’ve tried to make that easier, as our shops are on prominent high street positions.”
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
To find out how you can help the team at Minors & Brady to reach their goal, find them on Facebook by searching Minors & Brady.