This £350k period home could be as much as £1m in London, says agent
- Credit: Minors & Brady
A period terrace has come up for sale in Dereham, Norfolk, for offers in excess of £350,000 - but according to estate agent Jamie Minors, the same home would fetch over £1m in London.
Posting on Instagram as @jamieminors_realestateagent, the director of Minors & Brady said: "This fabulous, four-storey period home comes to market with all the charm you’d expect from a home of this age.
"A property like this in London would be comfortably north of £1m, yet in Dereham with all of its amenities, it is available for only OIEO £350,000."
Mr Minors' comment comes at a time when property prices - and the cost of living - remain hot topics, and are, in part influenced by where you live.
Last month, research by property platform Twindig found that the average price in London was 79pc - around £233,994 - higher than the average price across England.
Property prices in cities tend to be higher than in more rural areas and although market towns like Dereham are becoming increasingly popular -thanks to its good amenities and excellent transport links - you can still get a lot for your money.
This four-storey property is situated on Commercial Road and offers versatile living spaces and up to five bedrooms, as well as high ceilings and charming feature fireplaces.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 3 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 4 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 5 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 6 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 7 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
On the ground floor there is an entrance hall, lounge and another reception room, which could also be used as a bedroom and features a fireplace, chimney breast and double doors leading into a courtyard garden.
The basement has been converted into a kitchen and dining room, with a separate utility space and a useful two-piece cloakroom.
The kitchen itself is well fitted, with base-level units, wood-effect work surfaces and a large free-standing range cooker, as well as space for an American fridge and freezer. There is also a good-sized dining space in the centre of the room, plus a completely separate dining room which sits towards the front of the home.
There are two double bedrooms and a single bedroom located off the first-floor landing, which are served by a family bathroom, and a further loft bedroom above.
To the rear of the property there is a large, low-maintenance courtyard garden, complete with a raised seating area and shrub borders.
Double wooden gates at the back lead to a private parking area, which offers space for up to two vehicles and can be accessed by a lane at the back.
For more information, contact Minors & Brady.
Commercial Road, Dereham
Offers in excess of £350,000
Minors & Brady, 01362 700820