A blessing for pets at church service
- Credit: Evelyn Speed
St Nicholas Church in Dereham opened its doors to furry friends on Sunday morning, for their Pet Service.
Dogs were there in abundance for this noisy but fun service in all shapes and sizes, ranging from miniature chihuahuas to a Burmese mountain dog.
All animals received a blessing form Rev Sally Theakston and Rev Dominique Turnham, while there were animal themed prayers and hymns.
Some people brought photographs of their pets to be blessed, and deceased pets were also remembered.
The Dereham and district team ministry offer a warm welcome to any of their services.
You may also want to watch:
Morning Prayer is said daily Monday to Friday in St Nicholas' Lady Chapel at 8.45am. For more information about services run by the ministry go to the website www.derehamanddistrict team.org.uk/church-life/services/
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson