A blessing for pets at church service
- Credit: Evelyn Speed
St Nicholas Church in Dereham opened its doors to furry friends on Sunday morning, for their Pet Service.
Dogs were there in abundance for this noisy but fun service in all shapes and sizes, ranging from miniature chihuahuas to a Burmese mountain dog.
All animals received a blessing form Rev Sally Theakston and Rev Dominique Turnham, while there were animal themed prayers and hymns.
Some people brought photographs of their pets to be blessed, and deceased pets were also remembered.
The Dereham and district team ministry offer a warm welcome to any of their services.
You may also want to watch:
Morning Prayer is said daily Monday to Friday in St Nicholas' Lady Chapel at 8.45am. For more information about services run by the ministry go to the website www.derehamanddistrict team.org.uk/church-life/services/
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place