A47 at Dereham reopened after moped crash
- Credit: Archant
A section of the A47 was at a standstill this afternoon due to a moped accident near Dereham.
Suffolk and Norfolk Travel posted on Twitter that the road was blocked between the A1075 and B1110 Norwich Road, and that traffic had been as a standstill for 20 minutes.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 2.55pm to a road traffic collision involving one vehicle, a moped.
'There are injuries not thought to be serious but an ambulance has been called as a precaution.
'The road is closed and local diversions are in place.
You may also want to watch:
'The incident is near Dereham, east-bound at the junction with Swanton Morley.'
David Baird-Parker, who was on a bus at the time of the incident, said: 'All I could see was a woman laying on the road.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
'She was being tended to by a few people and traffic was at a standstill.
'There was a moped on the side of the road.'
The road reopened around 4.30pm.