A47 closures warning as power lines revamp continues
Drivers in mid-Norfolk have been warned to expect a series of temporary road closures and diversions this autumn as the �50m project to renew ageing power lines across the Times's circulation area continues.
For several weeks, National Grid has been refurbishing the 400,000-volt overhead lines between electricity sub-stations at Norwich and Walpole St Andrew, near King's Lynn.
The lines and the pylons that support them were put in place in the 1960s and have been nearing the end of their operational lives.
The present refurbishment project will secure future energy supplies and increase the capacity of the network across the region, says National Grid.
The closures and diversions – some of them affecting the A47 between Dereham and Lynn and B1135 from Dereham to Wymondham - will enable engineers to reach the lines where they pass over roads. Those affected in mid-Norfolk, and the proposed closure dates, are:
You may also want to watch:
Candlestick Road, Runhall – September 12-October 5.
Shipdham Lane, Scarning - September 26-October 21.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 9 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 10 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
A47 near Pentney – Overnight on October 1.
B1135 Whinburgh Road, Whinburgh - October 2-13.
A47 at Necton - Overnight on October 8 and October 29.
National Grid has stressed that the dates may be subject to change but says people can obtain updated information by calling its customer relations team on 0800 804 7682 or visiting www.nationalgrid.com/norwichwalpole