A47 Scarning remains closed following serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Highways England have confirmed that the A47 near Scarning remains closed in both directions following a serious accident involving two lorries.
The crash occurred shortly before 8.30am on Thursday morning and appears to have involved two lorries which were travelling along a straight section of the road between the A1075 and A1065.
Three fire engines were at the scene, along with two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The condition of the two drivers has not been confirmed.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47 Southbound, near Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
The road was initially expected to reopen sometime between 1.30pm and 1.45pm but Highways England now estimates it will reopen at 6.30pm.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 Lockdown sees move from community to 'neighbourly' crime in Dereham
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 6 'I'm waiting to be set free': Almost 15,000 on surgery list for a year
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 9 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 10 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
Diversions are in place and further details can be found on the Highways England website.