A47 Scarning remains closed following serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Highways England have confirmed that the A47 near Scarning remains closed in both directions following a serious accident involving two lorries.
The crash occurred shortly before 8.30am on Thursday morning and appears to have involved two lorries which were travelling along a straight section of the road between the A1075 and A1065.
Three fire engines were at the scene, along with two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The condition of the two drivers has not been confirmed.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47 Southbound, near Norwich.
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
The road was initially expected to reopen sometime between 1.30pm and 1.45pm but Highways England now estimates it will reopen at 6.30pm.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
Diversions are in place and further details can be found on the Highways England website.