A47 Scarning remains closed following serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Highways England have confirmed that the A47 near Scarning remains closed in both directions following a serious accident involving two lorries.
The crash occurred shortly before 8.30am on Thursday morning and appears to have involved two lorries which were travelling along a straight section of the road between the A1075 and A1065.
Three fire engines were at the scene, along with two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The condition of the two drivers has not been confirmed.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47 Southbound, near Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
The road was initially expected to reopen sometime between 1.30pm and 1.45pm but Highways England now estimates it will reopen at 6.30pm.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
Diversions are in place and further details can be found on the Highways England website.