Dereham Good Friday service remembers Jesus’ crucifixion
- Credit: Archant
About 100 Christians from Dereham churches took part in the Good Friday march of witness in the town centre.
Starting from the Queen Mother's Garden, they walked round the town behind the cross to remember Jesus' crucifixion.
At points on the route there were hymns, prayers and readings and a powerful drama was performed in Nelson Place.
In the Market Place, nails were hammered into the cross.
Earlier in the morning, the Salvation Army church was packed for the Dereham Churches Together united Good Friday service.
You may also want to watch:
On Easter Sunday, Christians will gather on the town's Neatherd Moor for the traditional sunrise service at 6.30am. There will be songs and prayers and reflections as Jesus' resurrection is celebrated.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000