Afternoon update: snow causes crashes around the county
PUBLISHED: 09:37 18 January 2013 | UPDATED: 15:34 18 January 2013
Archant © 2013
Police are warning motorists to drive with care after a number of crashes around the county today.
Only travel if necessary but if you do, remember to check these before you go:
- Antifreeze: Check coolant regularly, and top-up with mixture of the right type
- Battery: A battery more than five years old may struggle in cold weather.
- Petrol: Keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of delays
- Lights: Clean and check all lights regularly, and carry spare bulbs
- Tyres: They should have at least 3mm tread and check the pressure every fortnight
- Windscreen: Clear it completely before leaving
- Screenwash: Use 50pc mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce chance of freezing
- Locks and seals: Stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of Vaseline on rubber door seals
At 2.25pm a Jaguar crashed on the A11 at Spooner Row.
There was a three vehicle collision on the A10 at West Winch at 2pm. The road is not closed but drivers are experiencing delays.
At 11.30am two vehicles crashed on the A12 at Gorleston in the Lowestoft-bound carriageway.
The A140 at Scole was closed temporarily in the Suffolk bound carriageway following a crash at 11am.
The A47 was closed for more than four hours near Necton after a crash.
At 8.50am, there was a two-vehicle accident on the B1332 at Woodton.
Earlier this morning, emergency services were called to a three-vehicle crash on the B1108 Watton Road at the junction with Barnham Broom Road.
At 5.20am crews were called to a three-vehicle crash on Beccles Road at Haddiscoe.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dereham Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.