Dementia awareness community event held at Dereham leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Age UK Norfolk have held their third dementia friendly community networking event in Dereham.
It followed their work launching 14 dementia friendly communities, and was held at Dereham leisure centre, on Wednesday, November 22.
35 representatives from groups in mid and north Norfolk used the meeting as an opportunity to share ideas and best practice.
Lisa Breame, dementia trainer for the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, spoke alongside Cliff who is living with dementia.
They spoke about the importance of giving people with dementia a voice and listening to their opinions.
You may also want to watch:
Amelia Worley, dementia services co-ordinator for Age UK Norfolk, said, 'As well as being valuable for the groups, the event is an opportunity for Age UK Norfolk to hear what is needed in our communities and will help inform our strategy for 2018.'
Visit the Age UK Norfolk website for more information.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected