Alleged drink driver failed to appear in court after crashing into school fence
- Credit: Archant
A 42-year-old man has failed to appear in court after being charged with drink driving following a crash into the fence at Dereham Church Infants School.
Jonathan Osborne, 42, of Park Highatt Drive, Shipdham, was arrested after a car hit a telegraph pole outside the school in St Withburga Lane and then went into the fence at 11pm on October 22.
He was due before King's Lynn magistrates on October 30 but didn't appear.
The hearing was adjourned until December 1.
Emergency services including police and ambulance were called to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
No one was seriously injured.
The schools and homes in the nearby area were without internet or phone lines for several days after the collision.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women