Appeal for witnesses
Detectives investigating the murder of a 47-year-old woman in Dereham have launched an appeal for witnesses.Elaine Walpole was found dead at her home at Driebholz Court, just off Norwich Road in Dereham, on Tuesday, April 29.
Detectives investigating the murder of a 47-year-old woman in Dereham have launched an appeal for witnesses.
Elaine Walpole was found dead at her home at Driebholz Court, just off Norwich Road in Dereham, on Tuesday, April 29.
Although her death was originally described as unexplained, police later said it was suspicious and a 16-year-old was arrested and charged with her murder.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in court earlier this month to face the charge and his case has been passed to Norwich Crown Court. The major investigation team investigating the murder now wants to trace a number of potential witnesses who they say may have valuable information which could assist the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Det Constable Shaun Getley said: “There may have been other incidents on this day where a young black male was involved which we are not currently aware of. We are keen to hear from anybody who may have seen this person or had contact with him during this day.”
Mrs Walpole, a mother of three, was described as a loving mother by her family who were shocked by her death.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
Officers are keen to speak to people who may have had contact with a young black man on Saturday, April 26, in Dereham.
There are three incidents which police know took place on this day:
t At 3.15pm to 3.25pm two young males with skateboards spoke with a young black male outside Morrison's Supermarket. At this time he was in possession of a bicycle.
t Between 7.10pm and 7.15pm a young black male was walking along Norwich Road passing the parking area outside the One Stop Shop and the Sunflower House Chinese Takeaway when he fell to the ground. Customers from these business premises are believed to have come to his assistance.
t At 7.37pm a Red Fiesta parked on Norwich Street was approached by a young black male prior to the vehicle driving off.
If any of these people are you or you believe you know who they are please contact Norfolk Constabulary MIT on 0845 4564567.
A 38 year old man was initially arrested, interviewed and later released on bail in connection with Mrs Walpole's death.
He has since been released from this bail and no further action is to be taken against him.
The 16-year-old appeared before magistrates on May 10 charged with her murder.