Celebratory feast to be held at Norfolk farm to welcome in asparagus season
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A pop-up restaurant is making its way to Norfolk to celebrate asparagus.
In conjunction with Algy's Farm Shop in Bintree, between Foulsham and Bawdeswell, chef Julian Biggs, with photographer Ian Aitken, are putting on a special menu to welcome in the new asparagus season.
The family-friendly pop up will be set in a rustic setting with tressle tables and benches, with a menu consisting of four courses - of which three will include asparagus.
Visitors will be encouraged to pick their own asparagus from the field where Algy's team will be available to explain all about the gem of the vegetable world.
A local beer, brewed specially for the event, will be available, as well as natural wines, local cheese, fish, meat, vegetables, and locally foraged food.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aitken said: 'This is an incredible opportunity for people to not have to travel out of Norfolk to taste the work of one of England's most sought after chefs at a very affordable price. Places are limited so I would advise anyone to book early.
'Each course will be hearty and super tasty. It's all about the food.'
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
The event takes place on May 5 and 6. All four courses can be purchased for £25 or individually at £7.50. To book, ring Algy's on 01362 683893.