Celebratory feast to be held at Norfolk farm to welcome in asparagus season
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A pop-up restaurant is making its way to Norfolk to celebrate asparagus.
In conjunction with Algy's Farm Shop in Bintree, between Foulsham and Bawdeswell, chef Julian Biggs, with photographer Ian Aitken, are putting on a special menu to welcome in the new asparagus season.
The family-friendly pop up will be set in a rustic setting with tressle tables and benches, with a menu consisting of four courses - of which three will include asparagus.
Visitors will be encouraged to pick their own asparagus from the field where Algy's team will be available to explain all about the gem of the vegetable world.
A local beer, brewed specially for the event, will be available, as well as natural wines, local cheese, fish, meat, vegetables, and locally foraged food.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aitken said: 'This is an incredible opportunity for people to not have to travel out of Norfolk to taste the work of one of England's most sought after chefs at a very affordable price. Places are limited so I would advise anyone to book early.
'Each course will be hearty and super tasty. It's all about the food.'
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
The event takes place on May 5 and 6. All four courses can be purchased for £25 or individually at £7.50. To book, ring Algy's on 01362 683893.