Cups and medals awarded to members of popular bowls club
- Credit: Archant
Winners were announced at a bowls club's annual presentation night.
Cups and medals won during the summer season were awarded at the event at the St Nicholas bowls club, off St Withburga Lane in Dereham.
The season's in-house competitions were run by Sylvia Meredith for the fourth year, and she said: 'A good evening began with a two-course dinner catered by Swanton Morley butchers, then club chairman Ray Worby presented the awards with the assistance of club president John Hunt.'
The Men's Singles Cup was won by Gordon Roberts, while the Open Singles Cup was won by George Wright, and the Ladies Singles Cup by Janet Newell, The Pairs Cup was won by Richard Meredith and John Hunt, and the Triples Cup was won by Ray Worby, Heather Hudson and David Boggis,
Meanwhile, the Fours Cup was won by Sue Grainger, Sylvia Meredith, Alan Fosbrook and Bill Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 4 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 5 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 6 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk