Cups and medals awarded to members of popular bowls club
- Credit: Archant
Winners were announced at a bowls club's annual presentation night.
Cups and medals won during the summer season were awarded at the event at the St Nicholas bowls club, off St Withburga Lane in Dereham.
The season's in-house competitions were run by Sylvia Meredith for the fourth year, and she said: 'A good evening began with a two-course dinner catered by Swanton Morley butchers, then club chairman Ray Worby presented the awards with the assistance of club president John Hunt.'
The Men's Singles Cup was won by Gordon Roberts, while the Open Singles Cup was won by George Wright, and the Ladies Singles Cup by Janet Newell, The Pairs Cup was won by Richard Meredith and John Hunt, and the Triples Cup was won by Ray Worby, Heather Hudson and David Boggis,
Meanwhile, the Fours Cup was won by Sue Grainger, Sylvia Meredith, Alan Fosbrook and Bill Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?