Town centre gym set to relocate
- Credit: Archant
While residents await the opening of a new fitness club in Dereham's town centre, a long-standing gym is preparing to relocate to its outskirts.
The move is a "complete coincidence" though, as the owner of Barrett's Health and Fitness, based off High Street, explained.
Graham Barrett, 40, of Scarning, said he had always planned to stay in the centre of town but, due to rising rents and inadequate space to progress, he had to consider moving.
"We have worked too hard and invested too much money plus time to just close down," he said.
Mr Barrett has worked at the gym since leaving school in the 1990s and took over its running 10 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council gave planning permission back in May this year to convert an empty unit on Royson Way, off Kingston Road, into a gym.
Barrett's will be reopening its doors at the new premises on November 1 - a month after Nathan Gostling is set to open a health and fitness club in the former Chattels building in Norwich Street.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide