Parade to remember Battle of Britain heroes
- Credit: Ian Burt
An annual parade will salute the thousands of pilots whose bravery changed the course of the Second World War.
Members of the Dereham and Swaffham branch of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) will march through Dereham to commemorate the Battle of Britain on Sunday, September 15.
They will be joined by squadrons from the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Air Cadets to celebrate the efforts of the heroes who fought in the historic air campaign of summer 1940.
"This parade is always an important event in our calendar," said Flight Lieutenant Tracey Allan, commanding officer of 1249 (Dereham) squadron.
"We are honoured to join the RAFA again to ensure the Battle of Britain is always remembered by the younger generation."
You may also want to watch:
The parade will march from the Cherry Tree car park at 11.15am - accompanied by Dereham Town Band - ready for an 11.30am service at St Nicholas Church.
Members of the RAFA and military veterans are welcome to join the parade and service.
- 1 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 2 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Council increases street cleaning after duck poo complaints
- 8 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch