Youth football team takes home the cup
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk football youth team is celebrating after winning its league.
Bawdeswell Youth under 8s recently won the Norfolk Combined Youth Football league's under 8s Kappa Cup after a game against Bulldogs under 8s.
Club chairman and coach Jamie Snell said: "All the players gave it their all and I am extremely proud of what they have done.
"They all played their hearts out, from the goalkeeper to the forwards, and all their hard work at training this season has paid off with them deservedly winning the cup.
"It's moments like these that every child and coach hopes for and I'm so pleased for them."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Snell also thanked the parents and supporters who came to support the teams.
Bawdeswell Youth under 8s are still looking for new players to join their team. For more information search for Bawdeswell Youth F.C on Facebook or visit training on Wednesday's at Bawdeswell Village Hall from 6pm to 7pm.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham