New BBC series that fuelled Channing Tatum rumours in Norfolk is released
- Credit: Archant
The trailer for an eagerly anticipated BBC drama, which fuelled Hollwood A-lister rumours in Dereham, has been released.
When scenes for the new series called Bodyguard were filmed in Norfolk, rumours were quick to escalate on social media that actor Channing Tatum was shooting in the mid-Norfolk market town.
The misinformation circulated online that the actor, who is known for films such as the Step Up series and Magic Mike, was in Dereham to film a remake of movie The Bodyguard - which he had been previously linked with to star in with pop icon Rihanna.
The Dear John heartthrob, who is used to the glamour of Beverley Hills, is not included on the cast list for the BBC production. Instead the series, from the creators of Line of Duty, stars Richard Madden (who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) and Keeley Hawes.
In February earlier this year, scenes were filmed at Dereham Railway Station and the production crew also had a base at Dereham Town Football Club's ground at Aldiss Park.
The trailer teases that the series is 'coming soon'.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat