New BBC series that fuelled Channing Tatum rumours in Norfolk is released
- Credit: Archant
The trailer for an eagerly anticipated BBC drama, which fuelled Hollwood A-lister rumours in Dereham, has been released.
When scenes for the new series called Bodyguard were filmed in Norfolk, rumours were quick to escalate on social media that actor Channing Tatum was shooting in the mid-Norfolk market town.
The misinformation circulated online that the actor, who is known for films such as the Step Up series and Magic Mike, was in Dereham to film a remake of movie The Bodyguard - which he had been previously linked with to star in with pop icon Rihanna.
The Dear John heartthrob, who is used to the glamour of Beverley Hills, is not included on the cast list for the BBC production. Instead the series, from the creators of Line of Duty, stars Richard Madden (who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) and Keeley Hawes.
In February earlier this year, scenes were filmed at Dereham Railway Station and the production crew also had a base at Dereham Town Football Club's ground at Aldiss Park.
The trailer teases that the series is 'coming soon'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state