BBC political thriller part-filmed in Norfolk to hit the screens this weekend
- Credit: BBC/World Productions/Des Willie
The BBC's new political drama Bodyguard, parts of which were filmed in Norfolk, is about to hit the small screen.
The show's cast - which includes Richard Madden from Game of Thrones and Keeley Hawes from Line of Duty, spent six days at the Mid-Norfolk Railway in Dereham earlier this year as part of the film shoot.
The production also brought more than 100 crew members and extras to the town, providing a boost to business and hotels.
The first episode in the six-part series will air on BBC1 on Sunday (August 26) at 9pm.
MORE: New BBC thriller Bodyguard features sections filmed in Norfolk: what other TV shows have been filmed here?The show tells the fictional story of a war veteran, David Budd, played by Madden, now working as a specialist protection officer for the Royalty and Specialist Protection Branch of London's Metropolitan Police Service.
He is assigned to be the bodyguard to the home secretary, Julia Montague, a controversial politician intent on pushing a new counterterrorism bill through Parliament which would give the security service enhanced surveillance powers.
You may also want to watch:
Her political ambitions make her a high-profile target.
Dedicated to his job but concealing deep resentment of politicians following his traumas in Helmand, David's divided loyalties might make him Julia's greatest threat.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 6 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 7 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
-Are you planning to tune into Bodyguard? Let us know what you think in the comments below.