BBC political thriller part-filmed in Norfolk to hit the screens this weekend
- Credit: BBC/World Productions/Des Willie
The BBC's new political drama Bodyguard, parts of which were filmed in Norfolk, is about to hit the small screen.
The show's cast - which includes Richard Madden from Game of Thrones and Keeley Hawes from Line of Duty, spent six days at the Mid-Norfolk Railway in Dereham earlier this year as part of the film shoot.
The production also brought more than 100 crew members and extras to the town, providing a boost to business and hotels.
The first episode in the six-part series will air on BBC1 on Sunday (August 26) at 9pm.
MORE: New BBC thriller Bodyguard features sections filmed in Norfolk: what other TV shows have been filmed here?The show tells the fictional story of a war veteran, David Budd, played by Madden, now working as a specialist protection officer for the Royalty and Specialist Protection Branch of London's Metropolitan Police Service.
He is assigned to be the bodyguard to the home secretary, Julia Montague, a controversial politician intent on pushing a new counterterrorism bill through Parliament which would give the security service enhanced surveillance powers.
Her political ambitions make her a high-profile target.
Dedicated to his job but concealing deep resentment of politicians following his traumas in Helmand, David's divided loyalties might make him Julia's greatest threat.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 6 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
-Are you planning to tune into Bodyguard? Let us know what you think in the comments below.