Bench and plaque dedicated to Denver Clinton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
He captured the hearts of thousands of people with his story of strength and courage.
And now a new memorial has been created in memory of Denver Clinton who died aged four following a battle with cancer.
A bench and plaque on Mattishall village green, where he and his mum used to spend time together, was dedicated to him in a special ceremony on Friday, May 17.
It was arranged by Mattishall parish councillor Jan Smith, who said: "I had known Denver since he was a baby and as a parish, we thought we should do something in his memory.
"The way he fought was a real story of courage. In my dedication I said that with this plaque, his memory will now stay alive with us forever."
You may also want to watch:
Denver's mum Wanda Le Anne Clinton said: "I would like say a big thank you to all involved as it means a lot to us as a memory we will never forget. We miss him terribly."
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences