Bid to boost facilities
A mid-Norfolk village may soon benefit from some improvements to its recreational ground.Shipdham Parish Council has applied for permission to put in extra floodlights at Bullock Park, in Mill Road, as well as extend the playground and add a new trim trail.
A mid-Norfolk village may soon benefit from some improvements to its recreational ground.
Shipdham Parish Council has applied for permission to put in extra floodlights at Bullock Park, in Mill Road, as well as extend the playground and add a new trim trail.
The application submitted to Breckland Council said the new trim trail would be in located in the Mill Hill plantation part of the recreation ground and that it would follow existing paths.
Among the equipment the council is considering including in the trim trail are hurdles, a net ladder and some parallel bars.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council also wants to upgrade the existing three floodlights around the football pitch and add three new floodlights as well as add lighting to the existing playground.
The application states that extending the playground and creating the trim trail are subject to the parish council obtaining appropriate grants.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide