Bid to boost facilities
A mid-Norfolk village may soon benefit from some improvements to its recreational ground.Shipdham Parish Council has applied for permission to put in extra floodlights at Bullock Park, in Mill Road, as well as extend the playground and add a new trim trail.
A mid-Norfolk village may soon benefit from some improvements to its recreational ground.
Shipdham Parish Council has applied for permission to put in extra floodlights at Bullock Park, in Mill Road, as well as extend the playground and add a new trim trail.
The application submitted to Breckland Council said the new trim trail would be in located in the Mill Hill plantation part of the recreation ground and that it would follow existing paths.
Among the equipment the council is considering including in the trim trail are hurdles, a net ladder and some parallel bars.
The parish council also wants to upgrade the existing three floodlights around the football pitch and add three new floodlights as well as add lighting to the existing playground.
The application states that extending the playground and creating the trim trail are subject to the parish council obtaining appropriate grants.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee