Can you help find a local worthy cause for chip shop’s charity cash pot?
- Credit: Archant © 2004
The search is on to find a local worthy cause to donate more than £500 to following fundraising efforts at a mid-Norfolk chip shop.
Big Fry, on Market Place, Dereham, has been collecting money from the sale of its single-use plastic carrier bags since June last year.
Collectively 12,616 biodegradable bags have been sold and a total of 4p is donated from every 5p bag sold, with the other 1p going to the Government, making a total of around £504.
Director Stephen Cross said he was looking for recommendations of local charities, organisations, or worthy causes, in and around Dereham to donate the money to.
He said: 'If we have enough responses we would consider splitting it between two or more suggestions. We hope to do the same thing again in six months time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cross hoped to announce where the money had gone by the end of February this year.
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
- 10 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique