Can you help find a local worthy cause for chip shop’s charity cash pot?
- Credit: Archant © 2004
The search is on to find a local worthy cause to donate more than £500 to following fundraising efforts at a mid-Norfolk chip shop.
Big Fry, on Market Place, Dereham, has been collecting money from the sale of its single-use plastic carrier bags since June last year.
Collectively 12,616 biodegradable bags have been sold and a total of 4p is donated from every 5p bag sold, with the other 1p going to the Government, making a total of around £504.
Director Stephen Cross said he was looking for recommendations of local charities, organisations, or worthy causes, in and around Dereham to donate the money to.
He said: 'If we have enough responses we would consider splitting it between two or more suggestions. We hope to do the same thing again in six months time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cross hoped to announce where the money had gone by the end of February this year.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Dereham soccer academy win national championship