Can you help find a local worthy cause for chip shop’s charity cash pot?
- Credit: Archant © 2004
The search is on to find a local worthy cause to donate more than £500 to following fundraising efforts at a mid-Norfolk chip shop.
Big Fry, on Market Place, Dereham, has been collecting money from the sale of its single-use plastic carrier bags since June last year.
Collectively 12,616 biodegradable bags have been sold and a total of 4p is donated from every 5p bag sold, with the other 1p going to the Government, making a total of around £504.
Director Stephen Cross said he was looking for recommendations of local charities, organisations, or worthy causes, in and around Dereham to donate the money to.
He said: 'If we have enough responses we would consider splitting it between two or more suggestions. We hope to do the same thing again in six months time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cross hoped to announce where the money had gone by the end of February this year.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled