Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- Credit: Google Street View
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital following a collision involving an SUV.
Emergency services were called just after 5.30pm on Tuesday (June 28) following reports of a crash in Whinburgh, near Dereham.
It happened on the B1135 Dereham Road, and involved a motorbike and a Ford Edge.
Police closed the road between the junction with Norwich Road at Yaxham and the old Mustard Pot pub.
An ambulance was sent to the scene and treated the biker, an adult man. A police spokesman said his injuries were not serious, but he was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH).
The driver of the car was not thought to have been injured.
A spokesman for the ambulance service confirmed it had been called to Whinburgh at 5.34pm on Tuesday, before transporting an adult male to the NNUH for treatment.
- 1 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 2 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 3 Meet the triathlete teen with Olympic dreams
- 4 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 5 Magpies prepare to welcome Hinckley in league opener
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 8 Decision due over dualling of more than five miles of A47
- 9 Exciting attacker joins Lowestoft Town FC from Dereham
- 10 Canaries legends to feature in match for brave four-year-old Kayla
A single fire engine from Dereham was sent to clear debris from the road, which was later reopened.