Scout troops prepare for Dereham hut extension
- Credit: Archant
Troops of scouts in Dereham can be prepared to see their group's hut extended, if plans to expand the building are approved by the district council.
An application to extend the 2nd Dereham Scout group's hut, Scout Haven, on South Green, Dereham, was submitted for approval to Breckland Council last week.
The plans, submitted on behalf of Spencer Burrell, from the 2nd Dereham Scouts, by Peter Codling Architects, based in Norwich, state include extending the existing hut, providing new rooms and an open area, as well as a new store building, which will extend the hut by almost 90 metres.
The proposal description states: 'Extension of existing scout hut building to provide new rooms and covered open area.
'New store building in place of existing store.'
You may also want to watch:
The site is already occupied by the scouts, and the application was registered with the council on Tuesday, November 27.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place