Scout troops prepare for Dereham hut extension
- Credit: Archant
Troops of scouts in Dereham can be prepared to see their group's hut extended, if plans to expand the building are approved by the district council.
An application to extend the 2nd Dereham Scout group's hut, Scout Haven, on South Green, Dereham, was submitted for approval to Breckland Council last week.
The plans, submitted on behalf of Spencer Burrell, from the 2nd Dereham Scouts, by Peter Codling Architects, based in Norwich, state include extending the existing hut, providing new rooms and an open area, as well as a new store building, which will extend the hut by almost 90 metres.
The proposal description states: 'Extension of existing scout hut building to provide new rooms and covered open area.
'New store building in place of existing store.'
You may also want to watch:
The site is already occupied by the scouts, and the application was registered with the council on Tuesday, November 27.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover