Scout troops prepare for Dereham hut extension
- Credit: Archant
Troops of scouts in Dereham can be prepared to see their group's hut extended, if plans to expand the building are approved by the district council.
An application to extend the 2nd Dereham Scout group's hut, Scout Haven, on South Green, Dereham, was submitted for approval to Breckland Council last week.
The plans, submitted on behalf of Spencer Burrell, from the 2nd Dereham Scouts, by Peter Codling Architects, based in Norwich, state include extending the existing hut, providing new rooms and an open area, as well as a new store building, which will extend the hut by almost 90 metres.
The proposal description states: 'Extension of existing scout hut building to provide new rooms and covered open area.
'New store building in place of existing store.'
You may also want to watch:
The site is already occupied by the scouts, and the application was registered with the council on Tuesday, November 27.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 6 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut