Workers evacuated from office after fire concerns
- Credit: Archant
Office workers were evacuated on Wednesday lunchtime following concerns a blaze may have broken out.
The fire alarm at Breckland Business Centre in Dereham began blaring at around 12pm, forcing workers to retreat outside and into the adjacent car park.
One crew from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was sent to the scene.
It arrived at around 12.09pm, before firefighters delved inside the building to investigate the cause.
However, a spokesman for the fire service said the incident had been classed as a "false alarm".
You may also want to watch:
Workers were able to return to their desks at around 12.50pm, with the fire crew leaving a few minutes later.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting