Breckland Police warn drivers to take care after lucky escape
- Credit: Archant
Breckland Police sent a warning to motorists over social media on Tuesday after a car flipped on its side in Dereham.
Police said the driver of the car had a 'lucky escape' and urged others to take care when driving on icy roads.
Temperatures fell to -1C in Dereham causing treacherous conditions on a number of roads. The Met Office also issued a yellow warning for freezing fog across the county.
Since the beginning of December cold weather has caused challenging driving conditions for drivers in Norfolk and resulted in a number of road traffic accidents.
The biggest impact was on December 12 when temperatures fell to -3C in some areas. Police responded to 45 road accidents across county that morning, 16 of which saw people injured.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has said that weather conditions are forecast to improve this week with temperatures staying somewhere between 5C and 10C.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist