Breckland Police warn drivers to take care after lucky escape
- Credit: Archant
Breckland Police sent a warning to motorists over social media on Tuesday after a car flipped on its side in Dereham.
Police said the driver of the car had a 'lucky escape' and urged others to take care when driving on icy roads.
Temperatures fell to -1C in Dereham causing treacherous conditions on a number of roads. The Met Office also issued a yellow warning for freezing fog across the county.
Since the beginning of December cold weather has caused challenging driving conditions for drivers in Norfolk and resulted in a number of road traffic accidents.
The biggest impact was on December 12 when temperatures fell to -3C in some areas. Police responded to 45 road accidents across county that morning, 16 of which saw people injured.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has said that weather conditions are forecast to improve this week with temperatures staying somewhere between 5C and 10C.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 Lockdown sees move from community to 'neighbourly' crime in Dereham
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 6 'I'm waiting to be set free': Almost 15,000 on surgery list for a year
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 9 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 10 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order