Bus passengers warned to expect delays due to a collapsed sewer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Bus passengers travelling between Norwich and Toftwood are being warned to expect service alterations and delays due to a collapsed sewer.
Konectbus which operates the number eight service from Norwich to Toftwood via Dereham have said the service will be unable to stop at Mastell Way, Station Road, and London Road Halfords due to road closures as a result of a collapsed sewer in Dereham.
Services will instead divert via Drayton Hall Lane.
Buses travelling to Norwich will run as normal.
The provider also warned the number four route may be affected by delays due to a build up of traffic in Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
First Bus, who provide the Excel bus service have said its services have also been effected by the collapsed sewer and closure of Neatherd Road in Dereham.
In a statement on its website First Norfolk and Suffolk said: 'Buses are now using the A47 Dereham by-pass in both directions. Unfortunately this means that we cannot call at stops on Norwich Road in Dereham in either direction. This is because Dereham town centre is subject to significant delays when a road is closed,'
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Fist Excel buses will still stop in the Market Place, in Dereham.
For up to the minute traffic information check our live traffic map.