Bus passengers warned to expect delays due to a collapsed sewer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Bus passengers travelling between Norwich and Toftwood are being warned to expect service alterations and delays due to a collapsed sewer.
Konectbus which operates the number eight service from Norwich to Toftwood via Dereham have said the service will be unable to stop at Mastell Way, Station Road, and London Road Halfords due to road closures as a result of a collapsed sewer in Dereham.
Services will instead divert via Drayton Hall Lane.
Buses travelling to Norwich will run as normal.
The provider also warned the number four route may be affected by delays due to a build up of traffic in Dereham.
First Bus, who provide the Excel bus service have said its services have also been effected by the collapsed sewer and closure of Neatherd Road in Dereham.
In a statement on its website First Norfolk and Suffolk said: 'Buses are now using the A47 Dereham by-pass in both directions. Unfortunately this means that we cannot call at stops on Norwich Road in Dereham in either direction. This is because Dereham town centre is subject to significant delays when a road is closed,'
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Tory candidate's hustings dodge defended after 'disrespectful' claim
- 9 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 10 Mark Armstrong: Getting comfortable with the grind at the Dereham 10M race
Fist Excel buses will still stop in the Market Place, in Dereham.
For up to the minute traffic information check our live traffic map.