Bus passengers warned to expect delays due to a collapsed sewer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Bus passengers travelling between Norwich and Toftwood are being warned to expect service alterations and delays due to a collapsed sewer.
Konectbus which operates the number eight service from Norwich to Toftwood via Dereham have said the service will be unable to stop at Mastell Way, Station Road, and London Road Halfords due to road closures as a result of a collapsed sewer in Dereham.
Services will instead divert via Drayton Hall Lane.
Buses travelling to Norwich will run as normal.
The provider also warned the number four route may be affected by delays due to a build up of traffic in Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
First Bus, who provide the Excel bus service have said its services have also been effected by the collapsed sewer and closure of Neatherd Road in Dereham.
In a statement on its website First Norfolk and Suffolk said: 'Buses are now using the A47 Dereham by-pass in both directions. Unfortunately this means that we cannot call at stops on Norwich Road in Dereham in either direction. This is because Dereham town centre is subject to significant delays when a road is closed,'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 10 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
Fist Excel buses will still stop in the Market Place, in Dereham.
For up to the minute traffic information check our live traffic map.