Business as usual at Peacocks and Bonmarche stores in Dereham despite firm’s financial problems
The Peacocks and Bonmarche clothing stores in Dereham are open as usual today even though the parent company intends to appoint administrators.
Both shops are in Wrights Walk and have been open since the shopping development was built about five years ago.
The Peacock Group, owner of Peacocks and Bonmarche, said on Monday that it intends to appoint an administrator after talks with its lenders broke down.
Independent advisors at KPMG were recently drafted in to prepare a review of the group's finances.
The Peacock Group employs a combined 11,000 staff.
You may also want to watch:
There are no indications of any problems at the two Dereham shops and staff were only aware of the potential for administrators being called in after seeing about it on the TV news.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road