Business as usual at Peacocks and Bonmarche stores in Dereham despite firm’s financial problems
The Peacocks and Bonmarche clothing stores in Dereham are open as usual today even though the parent company intends to appoint administrators.
Both shops are in Wrights Walk and have been open since the shopping development was built about five years ago.
The Peacock Group, owner of Peacocks and Bonmarche, said on Monday that it intends to appoint an administrator after talks with its lenders broke down.
Independent advisors at KPMG were recently drafted in to prepare a review of the group's finances.
The Peacock Group employs a combined 11,000 staff.
You may also want to watch:
There are no indications of any problems at the two Dereham shops and staff were only aware of the potential for administrators being called in after seeing about it on the TV news.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 3 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 4 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 5 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters