Pub's kitchen to close temporarily due to staff shortages and illness
- Credit: Noah Vickers
A Dereham pub is having to temporarily close its kitchen due to a lack of available chefs, while a nationwide shortage of hospitality staff continues to wreak havoc across the industry.
Nigel Barton, landlord of the Bull, said: “We’re struggling all the way round, but the kitchen is the worst area.
“We got in touch with some agencies. Normally you can get hold of temps, but even they are struggling to fill places.”
Mr Barton said the pub was short of a third chef and his two current chefs both needed holidays.
He added that illness had also been an issue.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s a shame, because we’ve got to a stage where we’re near full capacity most evening.
"Now we’re going to let our customers down, but if we can’t work the way we are, it’s best to close it.
- 1 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 2 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 3 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 4 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 5 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 6 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 7 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 8 The ones to watch at this year's Norfolk Open Studios
- 9 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 10 Serco claims 1.75pc pay rise for bin collectors 'fair and reasonable'
“If there’s not the people out there to fill the places, then what can you do about it? Who do you blame? I don’t know.”
The kitchen will be closed on the evenings of September 2 to 10 and 13 to 14 inclusive, and all day 4 to 5 and 20 to 21.