New events company expands to meet post-lockdown demand
- Credit: Supplied by Kay Willmott
A new Norfolk events company is enjoying a post-lockdown boom, and has recently expanded to meet demand.
Kay Willmott, who runs Elle Belle’s Beauty Salon in Dereham’s Aldiss Court, set up Elite Events Norfolk with her husband Tom during the January lockdown - even though the couple had a newborn baby.
“He was a very easy baby, I was quite bored, and I thought: I know what I’ll do, I’ll start a business,” said Mrs Willmott, who opened Elite Events in another Aldiss Court shop space.
The company debuted by organising the Neatherd High School 2021 prom.
“It was really stressful, for a first event,” said Mrs Willmott.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a 200-person event, with so many tables to dress and it was a big room.”
She said however the event was “exciting” and “a great learning curve”.
- 1 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 4 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 5 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
Now, the company has expanded to a warehouse to store its equipment, has hired a team member and has growing ambitions.
“I’m talking to people across the country about maybe doing smaller franchises,” said Mrs Willmott, who wants an Elite Events branch in counties across the UK.