New events company expands to meet post-lockdown demand
- Credit: Supplied by Kay Willmott
A new Norfolk events company is enjoying a post-lockdown boom, and has recently expanded to meet demand.
Kay Willmott, who runs Elle Belle’s Beauty Salon in Dereham’s Aldiss Court, set up Elite Events Norfolk with her husband Tom during the January lockdown - even though the couple had a newborn baby.
“He was a very easy baby, I was quite bored, and I thought: I know what I’ll do, I’ll start a business,” said Mrs Willmott, who opened Elite Events in another Aldiss Court shop space.
The company debuted by organising the Neatherd High School 2021 prom.
“It was really stressful, for a first event,” said Mrs Willmott.
“It was a 200-person event, with so many tables to dress and it was a big room.”
She said however the event was “exciting” and “a great learning curve”.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 3 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 4 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
- 5 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 8 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 9 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Now, the company has expanded to a warehouse to store its equipment, has hired a team member and has growing ambitions.
“I’m talking to people across the country about maybe doing smaller franchises,” said Mrs Willmott, who wants an Elite Events branch in counties across the UK.