'Best coffee in Britain' - gallery and lounge enjoys larger premises
- Credit: Noah Vickers
A Norfolk town’s gallery-cum-coffee lounge is enjoying a post-lockdown renaissance in its expanded premises.
Norski Noo's Gallery in Dereham had the wall separating it from the now-vacant Dads and Lads barber shop brought down during the second national lockdown in November and has now reopened to the delight of its regulars.
“I thought I could do it all in a day,” said owner Andy Sullivan, “but it ended up taking most of the lockdown.”
Mr Sullivan is using the extension as the gallery’s framery, freeing up space for more seating in the rest of the building.
Customers were pleased to be back after lockdown.
“The coffee here is lovely,” said customer Hilary Woodward. “It’s the best in Britain.”
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been coming throughout the year, when able to,” said regular Janet Rate, “and I really like it here.”
The gallery has been in Dereham for four years, having moved from its original shop in Bawdeswell and began serving coffee and cake in 2019.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 6 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 10 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules