McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- Credit: Archant
More than a dozen McDonald's restaurants across Norfolk are hiring new staff as the fast food giant embarks on a huge recruitment drive.
It is looking to fill 20,000 roles across the UK, with 50 new restaurants planned nationwide and in anticipation of social distancing rules being relaxed in the future – so more staff can work at once.
McDonald's has 1,400 restaurants across the country, with 20 currently in Norfolk.
Now, 16 of those are hiring, including six in and around Norwich.
Roles are currently available at the restaurants in Barrett Road, at Thickthorn, at Longwater, in Boundary Road, at the Asda on Drayton High Road and at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, jobs are also going at three eateries in Great Yarmouth, two more in King's Lynn and others in Brundall, Wroxham, Cromer, Swaffham and Snetterton.
Chief executive Paul Pomroy said: "It’s fantastic to be able to offer an additional 20,000 people an opportunity to work with us."
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic