Breckland council announces cabinet meeting roadshow
- Credit: IAN BURT
Cabinet meetings held by Breckland Council are set to be held in public locations outside of the main council offices.
The decision to bring meetings to the communities they represent was made by council leader and cabinet chairman William Nunn, who wanted to find a way to make attending more convenient.
'We're excited to take cabinet meetings into our local communities and to provide more opportunities for local people to be involved in our democratic processes,' he said.
'I look forward to welcoming any local residents who would like to see what happens at cabinet or who may wish to put questions to us about the things that are important to them and their community.'
The first meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 20, at Swaffham Town Hall. The agenda for the meeting is available to read on Breckland Council's website.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet 'on the road' meetings will be held as follows:
Swaffham Town Hall - March 20
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
Attleborough (venue TBC) - June 12
Thetford (venue TBC) - September 4
Watton (venue TBC) - November 27
Dereham (venue TBC) - February 5, 2019
Other Cabinet meetings this year will continue to be held in Dereham at Breckland Council's offices, Elizabeth House.