Calendar provides a pictorial snapshot of the seasons at Welborne, near Dereham
People at Welborne in mid-Norfolk have been out with their cameras through the seasons to get together their second village calendar.
Ian and Sharon Ferguson put together the first one for 2012, with a little help from Pauline Curson, capturing images of their beloved home village to illustrate a calendar to help raise funds for their village hall. It proved a great success, raising just over �200.
But for next year's offering they challenged other Welborne folk to join in the fun of compiling it by entering a competition, the prize for which was the pleasure of seeing the selected pictures featured on the cover and on the pages for each month.
There was a good response, with entrants submitting favourite photos of the village taken in the past 12 months or before that. And now, 100 copies of the finished article have been published and gone on sale.
'It was the success of the first one that inspired us,' said Ian. 'It was just a nice thing to do, and it felt right to encourage other people to take part too.
'That has proved more successful than I had hoped: we had some terrific pictures.'
Irene White's scene of a snow-covered All Saints' Church lych gate adorns the cover. Other months depict the seasonal changes of nature, weather, light and shade through the year in pictures taken by Irene, Sharon, Ruthanne Tudball, Hilary Hodges, Zara Dack and Fred Elson.
- 1 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 2 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 3 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 4 'Not a lot of spending' - Dereham traders report footfall decline
- 5 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 6 Drivers face delays after two crashes near Dereham
- 7 Canaries legends to feature in match for brave four-year-old Kayla
- 8 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
The calendars cost �7.99 each or �15 for two, available by ringing Ian on 01362 850134 or by calling into the post office at neighbouring Mattishall.