Call to improve loos
Calls have been made to improve the Barwells Court toilets in Dereham - and possibly re-open the Cowper Road car park facilities for more of the week.The town council has taken the Barwells Court block over from Breckland and Michael Fanthorpe said they were “not user friendly.
Calls have been made to improve the Barwells Court toilets in Dereham - and possibly re-open the Cowper Road car park facilities for more of the week.
The town council has taken the Barwells Court block over from Breckland and Michael Fanthorpe said they were “not user friendly.”
“They are not dirty but they are not welcoming. Toilets should be welcoming,” he told fellow town councillors.
Mr Fanthorpe said there should be a “gradual refurbishment” and the issue of ventilation should be explored.
You may also want to watch:
The Cowper Road toilets are still owned by Breckland and opened only on Fridays by the town council to coincide with market day.
Mr Fanthorpe said it was “structurally very attractive” and the town council should consider taking it over.
- 1 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 2 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 3 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 4 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 5 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 6 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 7 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 8 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 9 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
Phillip Duigan said he had seen the figures for refurbishing the Cowper Road facility and while he would not reveal it, he said: “It would make your eyes water.”
A town council committee will discuss the issue of toilet provision in the town.