Call to improve loos
Calls have been made to improve the Barwells Court toilets in Dereham - and possibly re-open the Cowper Road car park facilities for more of the week.The town council has taken the Barwells Court block over from Breckland and Michael Fanthorpe said they were “not user friendly.
Calls have been made to improve the Barwells Court toilets in Dereham - and possibly re-open the Cowper Road car park facilities for more of the week.
The town council has taken the Barwells Court block over from Breckland and Michael Fanthorpe said they were “not user friendly.”
“They are not dirty but they are not welcoming. Toilets should be welcoming,” he told fellow town councillors.
Mr Fanthorpe said there should be a “gradual refurbishment” and the issue of ventilation should be explored.
The Cowper Road toilets are still owned by Breckland and opened only on Fridays by the town council to coincide with market day.
Mr Fanthorpe said it was “structurally very attractive” and the town council should consider taking it over.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
Phillip Duigan said he had seen the figures for refurbishing the Cowper Road facility and while he would not reveal it, he said: “It would make your eyes water.”
A town council committee will discuss the issue of toilet provision in the town.