Can't swim? Free lessons in Dereham
People living in and around Dereham are being offered free swimming lessons thanks to a government scheme. However, there is a catch. The offer, by Parkwood Leisure, which runs Dereham Leisure Centre, is only open to people who cannot swim.
People living in and around Dereham are being offered free swimming lessons thanks to a government scheme.
However, there is a catch. The offer, by Parkwood Leisure, which runs Dereham Leisure Centre, is only open to people who cannot swim.
The offer has been launched thanks to Parkwood working with the Amateur Swimming Association and Breckland Council to get one of the government's free swimming scheme grants.
It follows a pilot scheme at the centre which saw 12 free swimming lesson places were filled within three days of them being advertised.
You may also want to watch:
The lessons are one hour in length and will run every Friday from 7pm to 8pm starting on March 19 for a 10-week period.
There are a limited number of spaces remaining. Contact Julie Pike at the Dereham Leisure Centre on 01362 693419 for more information.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
It is hoped that additional funding will support future adult swimming lessons so if you don't get a place your name will be put on a waiting list.