Can you help?
Rainbows, Brownies and Guides are on the hunt for more adults to come forward and help to run their meetings.There are already 25 units meeting each week in Dereham and the surrounding villages, however this is not enough for all the girls who want to join Girlguiding Norfolk.
Rainbows, Brownies and Guides are on the hunt for more adults to come forward and help to run their meetings.
There are already 25 units meeting each week in Dereham and the surrounding villages, however this is not enough for all the girls who want to join Girlguiding Norfolk. There are a further 500 girls on the joining lists. So as not to disappoint all these young girls, Girlguiding Central Division needs adults to volunteer to help run Rainbow, Brownie and Guide units locally.
To highlight the work of Girlguiding Norfolk, Dereham, Swanton Morley and Mattishall, will be holding open evenings as part of National Volunteers Week on June 1-7. Everyone is welcome to come along and see what Girlguiding is about in your area.
Swanton Morley will be holding two open evenings. On Monday from 6pm - 7.30pm, they will be holding a Brownie open evening where they will be making musical instruments. On Wednesday from 6.45pm-8.15pm, they will be holding a Guide open evening that will have a sports theme. Both will be held at Swanton Morley School.
You may also want to watch:
At Mattishall Church on Wednesday from 6.00pm-7.00pm there will be an open evening where 2nd Mattishall Brownies will be doing their faith awareness badge. It will be opened up to the whole village with other Brownie units invited.
Dereham also has an open evening on Wednesday at King's Park Infant School from 6.00pm-7.30pm. 1st Dereham Brownies will be doing craft, playing games and singing and are welcoming anyone that wants to come along and see what they are doing.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
If you have a daughter aged from five upwards and would like to find out more about guiding or how you to can learn new skills and qualifications, contact your nearest meeting place or the division commissioner on 01362 858176.