Can you name a pub?
Kathryn Cross The Norfolk Golf & Country Club, near Dereham, is looking for a name for its new pub and is offering a free round of golf to the person who comes up with the best suggestion.
The Norfolk Golf & Country Club, near Dereham, is looking for a name for its new pub and is offering a free round of golf with professional golfer Andy Marshall to the person who comes up with the best suggestion.
The club, in Reymerston, decided to get a pub licence and a contract with Adnams to serve its beer to try and reintroduce the pub atmosphere to the local community and once again provide a hub of the village.
Sales and marketing manager Corinne Saunders said there hadn't been a pub in the village for 20 years and they felt it was time to offer that facility to the general public.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had an alcohol licence to serve members and we were able to serve drinks with meals in the restaurant but the pub licence means we can have normal pub hours and encourage the general public to come here to relax and enjoy a drink,” she said.
“It will give people living round here a new local but we really need a name so that is why we decided to run a competition. It could be something to do with golf or the local area for example but the winner will get their suggestion made into a proper pub sign.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
“We are also very pleased to announce that Andy Marshall has agreed to play the round of golf with the winner.”
Mr Marshall is a former European Tour professional and member of Dereham Golf Club as well as being a regular visitor to Reymerston.
General manager Russell Clarke said: “Because you don't have to be a member of the golf club to use the pub it's a great way to regain some of the community spirit we all associate with pubs.”
Anyone with a suggestion should contact the club on 01362 850297 or email email@example.com. Closing date is August 29.