How you’ve changed! Can you recognise Dereham from these old photos?
- Credit: Gordon Olley
Have you ever wondered how the streets and buildings of Dereham have changed over the past century or so?
While we have lost many architecturally interesting buildings over the years the town has been fortunate to retain a great deal of its important heritage.
But, as with all market towns, many old shops and businesses have now gone.
Gordon Olley, who was a photographer in Dereham for many years, has put together a fascinating then-and-now series of pictures from his archives to show how our town used to look.
There is a great deal of interest in old photos as evidenced by a talk and slideshow he presented for Dereham Photography Club last month which was packed.
You may also want to watch:
He will be putting on the same show again on Thursday, November 9 at 7.30pm at the Methodist Church Rooms in Toftwood for the people how could not get in or missed the previous show.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting