Canaries fan appeal to record song
A Norwich City fan from near Dereham has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
A Norwich City fan from near Dereham has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.
Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
Now a fan is hoping to persuade one of his favourite groups, Yorkshire band Hope and Social, to re-record the lyrics of their song 'King of Spain' for a one-off tribute to the Canaries midfielder.
Steve Plunkett, from East Bilney, said: 'When I heard the terrace chant it made me laugh and think of the Hope and Social song called King of Spain.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Plunkett a freelance music reviewer, said the band was busy in the studio recording their next album, but he hoped that in the longer-term they may be able to find time to do a version based on the lyrics he had penned.
He said: 'The band have been extremely grateful to me that I have got them, hopefully, some more listeners and a wider audience.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham