Canaries fan appeal to record song
A Norwich City fan from near Dereham has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
A Norwich City fan from near Dereham has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.
Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
Now a fan is hoping to persuade one of his favourite groups, Yorkshire band Hope and Social, to re-record the lyrics of their song 'King of Spain' for a one-off tribute to the Canaries midfielder.
Steve Plunkett, from East Bilney, said: 'When I heard the terrace chant it made me laugh and think of the Hope and Social song called King of Spain.'
Mr Plunkett a freelance music reviewer, said the band was busy in the studio recording their next album, but he hoped that in the longer-term they may be able to find time to do a version based on the lyrics he had penned.
He said: 'The band have been extremely grateful to me that I have got them, hopefully, some more listeners and a wider audience.'
- 1 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk