Charity gifts special day trip to Dereham school children
- Credit: Archant
School children in Dereham are set to enjoy a special theatre performance of The Hobbit, thanks to a national charity.
The pupils from Fred Nicholson School in Dereham, will watch a performance of the classic J.R.R. Tolkien novel by M&M Productions on June 5.
It will be performed at the Happy Days Children's Charity centre as part of their effort to provide children with special needs with day trips and holidays.
Happy Days Community Fundraiser, Suffia Shah, said: 'Our holidays, day trips, workshops and performances are a lifeline to children across the UK providing them with happiness and hope as well as important social and developmental skills.
We help families caring for children with life-limiting conditions, disabilities, abused children and young carers and would encourage anyone in the area that would benefit from a respite break to get in touch.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Happy Days Children's Charity visit www.happydayscharity.org.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today