Cheeky Girls 'excited' over Dereham trip
The Cheeky Girls have spoken of their excitement of kicking off their new make-up tour in Norfolk.Fun-loving twin sisters Monica and Gabriela Irimia, who found fame on the reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals, have branched out into cosmetics and will be promoting their new range, The Cheeky Collection, in Dereham and Norwich this Saturday.
The Cheeky Girls have spoken of their excitement of kicking off their new make-up tour in Norfolk.
Fun-loving twin sisters Monica and Gabriela Irimia, who found fame on the reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals, have branched out into cosmetics and will be promoting their new range, The Cheeky Collection, in Dereham and Norwich this Saturday.
Speaking ahead of Saturday's visit, Gabriela said: 'We are extremely happy and excited about our product because it is something so new for us. Norfolk is our first stop. It is the first day of the tour so it is perhaps one of the most exciting days. We are really excited to come to Norfolk and we are hoping to see everybody there!'
Monica added: 'It is every girl's dream come true to have their own make-up range!'
She described the Cheeky Collection, which is aimed at teenagers, as 'fresh and fruity,' and on Saturday some youngsters will have the chance to have mini-makeovers by the girls themselves.
And while the Transylvanian duo will not be performing any of their songs during their visit to Norfolk, the Cheeky Girls have revealed that they are planning to release a new single before the end of the year, and that a new album will also follow.
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 7 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 8 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
- 9 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 10 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
Their most memorable track, The Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum), reached number two following their unforgettable appearance on Popstars: The Rivals, and the girls are hoping to repeat its success.
Gabriela said the new song would be called Miniskirt and that their mum Margit had written the track with another producer.
She said: 'It is similar to The Cheeky Song but different at the same time, maybe it is slightly clubbier. It is still very fun pop though.'
Other songs the girls have previously released include (Hooray, Hooray!) It's a Cheeky Holiday! And Have a Cheeky Christmas.
Both sisters recently appeared in the Romanian version of Strictly Come Dancing and Monica went on to win the competition.
The Cheeky Girls will be at the Norwich QD store, in St Stephens Street, at 10am on Saturday.
Then at 3pm they will be at Dereham's QD store in Chapel Walk.