Chef swaps kitchen for marathon
Chef Matt Plunkett is more used to getting hot in the kitchen than he is breaking into a sweat while pounding the pavement.But the father-of-five has somehow found time to train for the Bungay Black Dog Marathon, taking place next week.
Chef Matt Plunkett is more used to getting hot in the kitchen than he is breaking into a sweat while pounding the pavement.
But the father-of-five has somehow found time to train for the Bungay Black Dog Marathon, taking place next week.
Mr Plunkett, who lives in Mattishall and works at restaurant and bar The Ugly Bug Inn in Colton, is aiming to raise money for the charity Starlight, which makes wishes come true for terminally ill children in hospitals around true country.
Mr Plunkett, 38, is a member of the Dereham Runners and once raised �464 for babies' charity BLUSS after running a half marathon - but this is the first time he will have attempted a full-length run.
He said: 'I felt as it was my first ,arathon this would be a good time to raise some money for a charity.'
To sponsor Mr Plunkett contact him on 07908 094058.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 4 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 5 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 8 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 9 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park