Children in Toftwood learn about harvest and life as a farmer
- Credit: Archant
Children in Toftwood have been learning all about Harvest festival and even had a special visit from a tractor.
The year one pupils from Toftwood Infants School have learnt about the creation story and how Christians celebrate, as part of their Religious Education curriculum.
On Thursday, Mike Garrod visited the school from his farm in Garvestone and brought his tractor along, giving each child a chance to sit in the driving seat and learn about how the tractor is used during Harvest time.
Mr Garrod also showed them wheat that had been harvested from his field and answered questions about life as a farmer.
In other lessons the children have looked at vegetables that are harvested at this time of year and investigated where they were grown in the world.
You may also want to watch:
The vegetables were donated by Tesco Dereham as part of their Community Champion work.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards