Children's art to be displayed at Dereham Festival
Richard ParrCreative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools will be given a public platform when the pieces go on show in a town gallery.Richard Parr
Creative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools is being given a public platform at an art gallery.
About 90 paintings, drawings and pieces of sculpture from nearly 100 pupils at primary, high schools, a sixth-form college and the Fred Nicholson special school together with its 'twin' school in France, will go on show at Dereham's The Gallery
The show, which forms part of the Dereham Festival, opens on May 19 and continues until May 29.
It will be officially opened by the new mayor of Dereham, Robert Hambidge, at 5pm on May 18.
Exhibition organisers Neal and Pam French were keen to have some form of visual art as part of the festival and linked it to the largely music-related event by giving the children's work a musical theme.
Some of the work created has been produced after listening to a particular piece of music or merely feelings generated by the music.
- 1 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 4 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 7 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 8 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 9 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 10 Couple realise fishery dream after selling businesses
The Dereham Festival box office is open at the EDP office in the town, Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm and 2pm- 4pm.