Children's art to be displayed at Dereham Festival
Richard ParrCreative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools will be given a public platform when the pieces go on show in a town gallery.Richard Parr
Creative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools is being given a public platform at an art gallery.
About 90 paintings, drawings and pieces of sculpture from nearly 100 pupils at primary, high schools, a sixth-form college and the Fred Nicholson special school together with its 'twin' school in France, will go on show at Dereham's The Gallery
The show, which forms part of the Dereham Festival, opens on May 19 and continues until May 29.
It will be officially opened by the new mayor of Dereham, Robert Hambidge, at 5pm on May 18.
You may also want to watch:
Exhibition organisers Neal and Pam French were keen to have some form of visual art as part of the festival and linked it to the largely music-related event by giving the children's work a musical theme.
Some of the work created has been produced after listening to a particular piece of music or merely feelings generated by the music.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development
The Dereham Festival box office is open at the EDP office in the town, Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm and 2pm- 4pm.