Children's art to be displayed at Dereham Festival
Richard ParrCreative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools will be given a public platform when the pieces go on show in a town gallery.Richard Parr
Creative and colourful artwork by pupils from Norfolk schools is being given a public platform at an art gallery.
About 90 paintings, drawings and pieces of sculpture from nearly 100 pupils at primary, high schools, a sixth-form college and the Fred Nicholson special school together with its 'twin' school in France, will go on show at Dereham's The Gallery
The show, which forms part of the Dereham Festival, opens on May 19 and continues until May 29.
It will be officially opened by the new mayor of Dereham, Robert Hambidge, at 5pm on May 18.
Exhibition organisers Neal and Pam French were keen to have some form of visual art as part of the festival and linked it to the largely music-related event by giving the children's work a musical theme.
Some of the work created has been produced after listening to a particular piece of music or merely feelings generated by the music.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 3 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 6 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 7 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated
The Dereham Festival box office is open at the EDP office in the town, Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm and 2pm- 4pm.