Christmas food fair in Walsingham
Emma Knights There was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.Shoppers enjoyed sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
THERE was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.
sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
People could try Cley Smokehouse's air-dried ham and smoked salmon, have a taste of Mrs Temple's Cheeses, which are made at Wighton, and tuck into some bronze turkey from Godwick Hall in Tittleshall.
Whin Hill Cider, made at Wells, was also on the tasting menu, along with ginger wine and beetroot wine from Norfolk Country Wines, and beer from Wretton-based Wissey Valley Brewery.
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 10 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
There were also Christmas cakes and puddings, mince pies and more made in the kitchen at Walsingham Farms Shop and by people from the village, as well as a hog roast by the farms shop's butcher Clive Bird.
Elizabeth Meath Baker, from Walsingham Farms Shop, said: "It was a big social gathering for the village and there were a lot of other visitors too. It was good fun and we hope to do more events like this on a regular basis.
"Between now and Christmas we will make sure we have a tasting table at the shop every Saturday."