Christmas food fair in Walsingham
Emma Knights There was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.Shoppers enjoyed sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
THERE was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.
sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
People could try Cley Smokehouse's air-dried ham and smoked salmon, have a taste of Mrs Temple's Cheeses, which are made at Wighton, and tuck into some bronze turkey from Godwick Hall in Tittleshall.
Whin Hill Cider, made at Wells, was also on the tasting menu, along with ginger wine and beetroot wine from Norfolk Country Wines, and beer from Wretton-based Wissey Valley Brewery.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
There were also Christmas cakes and puddings, mince pies and more made in the kitchen at Walsingham Farms Shop and by people from the village, as well as a hog roast by the farms shop's butcher Clive Bird.
Elizabeth Meath Baker, from Walsingham Farms Shop, said: "It was a big social gathering for the village and there were a lot of other visitors too. It was good fun and we hope to do more events like this on a regular basis.
"Between now and Christmas we will make sure we have a tasting table at the shop every Saturday."