Christmas food fair in Walsingham
Emma Knights There was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.Shoppers enjoyed sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
THERE was a festive celebration of the county's produce in Walsingham during the weekend.
sampling some tasty Norfolk treats while talking to the people responsible for creating them, at Walsingham Farms Shop's Meet the Producers Christmas Food Fair on Saturday.
People could try Cley Smokehouse's air-dried ham and smoked salmon, have a taste of Mrs Temple's Cheeses, which are made at Wighton, and tuck into some bronze turkey from Godwick Hall in Tittleshall.
Whin Hill Cider, made at Wells, was also on the tasting menu, along with ginger wine and beetroot wine from Norfolk Country Wines, and beer from Wretton-based Wissey Valley Brewery.
- 1 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 6 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
- 10 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
There were also Christmas cakes and puddings, mince pies and more made in the kitchen at Walsingham Farms Shop and by people from the village, as well as a hog roast by the farms shop's butcher Clive Bird.
Elizabeth Meath Baker, from Walsingham Farms Shop, said: "It was a big social gathering for the village and there were a lot of other visitors too. It was good fun and we hope to do more events like this on a regular basis.
"Between now and Christmas we will make sure we have a tasting table at the shop every Saturday."