Coach company founder dies
Emma KnightsThe founder of a Norfolk coach company has died after a tragic accident while working on one of his vehicles.Richard Morant, who started Richard's Coaches based in Guist, near Dereham, died at the company's Norwich Road depot.Emma Knights
The founder of a Norfolk coach company has died after a tragic accident while working on one of his vehicles.
Richard Morant, who started Richard's Coaches based in Guist, near Dereham, died at the company's Norwich Road depot.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 2.30pm on Friday but 46-year-old Mr Morant, a father of four, died before paramedics arrived.
A statement from his family said last night: 'Richard was servicing one of his coaches on Friday afternoon when an accident occurred resulting in the tragic loss of his life.
You may also want to watch:
'Richard was well known for his willingness to help anyone whenever he could do so. His calm easy-going manner will be much missed by his family and employees.'
Mr Morant, who lived next to the depot, was the only son of Stella Morant. He leaves a widow Rachel and his children, 21-year-old Thomas from his first marriage, Bethany, 13, Caitlyn, 10, and George, six.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Mr Morant's fleet of white and lilac-coloured coaches travel the UK and mainland Europe taking passengers on holidays and excursions as well as doing school runs.