Country club extension backed
Plans to extend the hotel at Barnham Broom Golf and Country Club were approved on Tuesday by district councillors. The principle of extending the building to provide additional accommodation and associated facilities has previously been established, with the existing permission being for 42 bedrooms.
Plans to extend the hotel at Barnham Broom Golf and Country Club have been approved by district councillors.
The principle of extending the building to provide additional accommodation and associated facilities has previously been established, with the existing permission being for 42 bedrooms.
However, the latest application sought consent for a new 49-bedroom wing in a different location, together with an overflow car park outside the existing site boundary.
Church Lane will become the main access for hotel guests, and work to improve visibility at the junction with Honingham Road will now be achieved with the loss of one mature oak tree, instead of the three originally envisaged.
You may also want to watch:
Four late objections from neighbouring residents were submitted to South Norfolk Council's north-west area planning committee, voicing concerns about the smell from a sewer at the premises, and increased traffic. But council solicitor Stuart Shortman advised that any smell problems could be dealt with through environmental health.
The committee was told the application is a part of a 'master plan' to improve facilities at the 300-acre site, which another potential bedroom wing envisaged in the second phase of the development.
- 1 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal