Creepy crawlies invade village
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.
The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
The exhibition, which takes in the whole village and has been organised by the school's Friends committee, began on Monday. And at the school autumn fair this weekend people can vote for their favourite creature.
Committee member Liz Hollis said: 'Last year's village scarecrow display was a great success, presenting a wonderful spectacle in Yaxham and boosting community spirit. This year the display is also looking very good. So far we have a lot of spiders, a few bees, a water boatman, caterpillars, dragonflies and a worm.
'People have really gone to a lot of trouble, and it is great for community spirit. A lot of people have been stopping to have a look as they pass by.'
The fair runs from noon to 3pm on Saturday and includes apple bobbing, welly throwing and pony rides.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 9 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat