Creepy crawlies invade village
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.
The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
The exhibition, which takes in the whole village and has been organised by the school's Friends committee, began on Monday. And at the school autumn fair this weekend people can vote for their favourite creature.
Committee member Liz Hollis said: 'Last year's village scarecrow display was a great success, presenting a wonderful spectacle in Yaxham and boosting community spirit. This year the display is also looking very good. So far we have a lot of spiders, a few bees, a water boatman, caterpillars, dragonflies and a worm.
You may also want to watch:
'People have really gone to a lot of trouble, and it is great for community spirit. A lot of people have been stopping to have a look as they pass by.'
The fair runs from noon to 3pm on Saturday and includes apple bobbing, welly throwing and pony rides.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland