Creepy crawlies invade village
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
Weird and wonderful creatures of all shapes and sizes have been landing on lawns, fences, hedges and flowerbeds in mid-Norfolk.
The colourful creations in people's gardens at Yaxham have been made by residents taking part in the village primary school's mini-beast display.
The exhibition, which takes in the whole village and has been organised by the school's Friends committee, began on Monday. And at the school autumn fair this weekend people can vote for their favourite creature.
Committee member Liz Hollis said: 'Last year's village scarecrow display was a great success, presenting a wonderful spectacle in Yaxham and boosting community spirit. This year the display is also looking very good. So far we have a lot of spiders, a few bees, a water boatman, caterpillars, dragonflies and a worm.
You may also want to watch:
'People have really gone to a lot of trouble, and it is great for community spirit. A lot of people have been stopping to have a look as they pass by.'
The fair runs from noon to 3pm on Saturday and includes apple bobbing, welly throwing and pony rides.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47