Crews tackle barn fire
Ian ClarkeFirefighters spent around an hour tackling a barn blaze on Saturday.Crews from Dereham and Fakenham were called to the blaze at Sparrow Green, Gressenhall, near Dereham, after the alarm was raised at about 2.Ian Clarke
Firefighters spent around an hour tackling a barn blaze on Saturday.
Crews from Dereham and Fakenham were called to the blaze at Sparrow Green, Gressenhall, near Dereham, after the alarm was raised at about 2.50pm.
Hose reel jets and a teleporter appliance were used to put out the fire in the 30m by 20m outbuilding which contained straw bales.
Crews decided to allow the bales to burn out.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not known and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney