Crews tackle barn fire
Ian ClarkeFirefighters spent around an hour tackling a barn blaze on Saturday.Crews from Dereham and Fakenham were called to the blaze at Sparrow Green, Gressenhall, near Dereham, after the alarm was raised at about 2.Ian Clarke
Firefighters spent around an hour tackling a barn blaze on Saturday.
Crews from Dereham and Fakenham were called to the blaze at Sparrow Green, Gressenhall, near Dereham, after the alarm was raised at about 2.50pm.
Hose reel jets and a teleporter appliance were used to put out the fire in the 30m by 20m outbuilding which contained straw bales.
Crews decided to allow the bales to burn out.
The cause of the fire is not known and there were no reported injuries.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat