Village hall severely damaged in arson attack
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Norfolk village hall has suffered severe damage as a result of an arson attack.
It happened between 7pm on Saturday, July 10 and 7am the following morning.
Hardingham Village Hall, in High Common, was broken into before several fires were started inside.
The blazes caused damage to carpets, chairs and noticeboards, as well as general smoke damage to the building.
Police are appealing for anyone who can help with the investigation to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, has information concerning it or noticed anything unusual in the area between the times stated.
Witnesses should contact PC Jake Metcalf at Dereham Police Station on 101 quoting crime reference 36/49555/21.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.